Statement of Commitment
Symbio Laboratories respects the privacy of all individuals and is committed to ensuring that all directors, managers and employees comply with relevant Privacy legislation and standards:
The Australian Privacy Act 1988 and
The Australian Privacy Principles
Personal Information Collected and Held by Symbio Laboratories
Personal information collected by Symbio Laboratories through its business activities will be kept on a secure server when an individual calls our customer service line, write to us or contact us through our website or email. We may collect personal information if we contact you for the purpose of marketing our services. The accuracy of information collected by Symbio Laboratories is important to us and would welcome any change or corrections to maintain accurate records.
Symbio Laboratories will hold a variety of information such as contact details, copies of information exchanged between individuals, and, in certain circumstances, bank account details for the purpose of providing a service to our customers.
Symbio Laboratories will hold and collect the following information when a person accesses our website:
- Client Information such as Internet domain details, geographical location, IP information, and Internet address of the computer being utilised to access the Symbio Laboratories website;
Technical Information: such as page or service inquired, the type of browser and operating system utilised and the date and time of the access; and
- Nonessential Technical Information: this includes the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Symbio Laboratories website, and the “Cookie Information” described below.
- Symbio Laboratories Information Technology Department also holds information collected through the monitoring of email traffic.
Symbio Laboratories will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. This includes the storing of personal information collected by Symbio Laboratories in a password protected databases. In the event where personal information is no longer required, Symbio Laboratories will take all reasonable steps in destroying your personal information.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Symbio Laboratories will only use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected. If we are required to release your personal information, Symbio Laboratories will:
- Obtain your consent before disclosing personal data to a third party, for reasons other than sales or marketing activities;
- Symbio Laboratories will release your personal information if requested by the court of law (if such a request is made).
The information collected by Symbio Laboratories will be used for a variety of reasons such as business transactions, credit checks, collecting overdue payments, complaint management and the sales and marketing of our services. To perform this function, we may be required to disclose your personal information to:
- Other Symbio Laboratories entities or;
- Related third parties, which may include our insurers, lawyers, or other professional advisors (including credit reporting agencies)
Where Symbio Laboratories discloses your personal information to third parties, we will require that third party to abide by the Privacy Laws and Acts. At no time will Symbio Laboratories disclose or sell your personal information to any unrelated third parties without prior permission.
Cookies Are Used To:
- Make Symbio Laboratories website work as you would expect;
- Save you having to log in every time you visit certain sections of the Symbio Laboratories website;
- Remembers your settings between visits;
- Improve the speed and security of Symbio Laboratories websites;
- Continuously improve Symbio Laboratories website for you; and
- Make Symbio Laboratories sales and marketing effort more efficient.
- Collect any personally identifiable information;
- Collect any sensitive information;
- Pass data to advertising networks;
- Pass identifiable data to third parties;
- Pay sales commissions.
Your internet web browser can be configured to reject and delete cookies, however, this may cause our website to have limited functionality.
Third Party Functionality
Symbio Laboratories website uses third party applications such as YouTube to provide you with relevant information. This third-party application may have embedded cookies or other technologies associated with it. Symbio Laboratories will not collect your personal data through this online platform. Refer to the privacy policies of Youtube for more details.
Access and Correction
If you wish to access, update any personal information or provide feedback or concerns about Symbio Laboratories Privacy procedures, please contact our Customer Service department (details below) and provide as much information as possible.
Complaints and Contact Details
If you feel there has been an unwarranted invasion to your private information, please contact Elizabeth Chester, Customer Service Manager on 1300 703 166.
Attn: Ms Elizabeth Chester
PO Box 4312
EIGHT MILE PLAINS QLD 4113
T: 1300 703 166
F: +61 7 3219 0333