In response to the recent events surrounding COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) outbreak, Symbio Laboratories would like to provide you with some reassurance around the steps we are undertaking to ensure the safety of our people and the continuity of our services through this challenging time.
We currently have the following restrictions in place:
- Domestic and international travel has been restricted for Symbio employees;
- Self-isolation of employees returning from overseas is supported and “work from home arrangements” are being utilised as needed;
- Except where essential, virtual meetings are being held instead of face-to-face;
- Access to Symbio Sites has been considerably reduced for visitors, suppliers and contractors, and Site Access Declarations are required prior to entry.
In the interest of prevention, we have also:
- Installed additional antisceptic stations in Symbio lunchrooms/amenities, with more frequent and rigorous cleaning protocols in place;
- Supplied all employees with personal hand sanitisers.
To ensure that all employees are supplied with the most up to date information on COVID-19:
- Awareness and training sessions have been held on COVID-19 and basic protective measures, including heightened personal hygiene and social distancing;
- Regular updates are obtained from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and the Australian Government and their suggestions are being applied and distributed to employees where relevant.
Our business continuity plan has also been reviewed to ensure we are well prepared to move as quickly as needed to support our employees and customers. The plan considers any potential impact to our services if we have significant employee absence from work either through illness and the need to self-isolate or due to the need to care for dependants in the event of school closures etc.
The situation remains dynamic and a rapidly evolving one, however, our core message at this stage is “business as usual”, with additional risk management strategies in place and our multiple laboratory locations throughout Australia serving as backup to each other, while preparing for future scenarios. Please be assured that we will keep you informed of any changes that we may need to make to our services as the situation unfolds.
Thank you for your continued support as we adapt to these challenging times together.
If you need any assistance, please contact our Customer Service team on 1300 703 166 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stay safe and take care,